As part of our givetime campaign with U.S. Bank, we are spotlighting a few of the nonprofit organizations that won free VolunteerMatch membership for a year. If you are looking for ways to give time now and into 2022, consider supporting one of these incredible causes.
Plus, check out even more ideas at the end of the post!
Mission: CoachArt creates a transformative arts and athletics community for families impacted by childhood chronic illness.
Here are 3 ways you can volunteer virtually:
- Encourage self-expression and empowerment by teaching art or athletics.
- Put your math and science skills to good use and teach pre-designed STEAM lessons to kids suffering from chronic illnesses.
Mission: Brighten A Day's mission is to lift the spirits of those who are in need of some cheer by sending them love, hope, and joy through cards and gifts.
- Help combat the loneliness epidemic by having meaningful conversations with older adults.
- Do you have a Brighten a Day Chapter in your community? If not, consider creating one!
Mission: Take Back The Night serves to support survivors of sexual violence and works to end sexual violence in all forms.
- Help recruit yoga studios to join Take Back the Night's Quarterly survivor engagement and fundraising events.
If you have experience with voice acting, consider using your talent to help educate millions around the world about sexual violence and how to prevent it.
Mission: Hattie Larlham enhances the quality of life for people with disabilities and their families through our commitment to comfort, joy, and achievement.
- Get creative while making someone’s day! Become a card buddy with someone in a group home and send monthly notes with silly jokes, inspirational quotes, or holiday themes.
- If you live in Ohio, there is likely an opportunity near you to support Hattie Larlham with one of the many supply drives across the state.
Mission: Advocate for the rights and benefits of our enlisted service members and veterans while enhancing the quality of life through community involvement and fundraiser events.
If you are in the Colorado Springs area, there are several ways you can support:
- Volunteer as a Finance and Means Advisor and work closely with the administrative manager and board treasurer to make financial recommendations and help the organization raise revenue.
- Support crucial fundraising events as an Event Volunteer.
If you are not in the Colorado Springs Area, there is currently one virtual volunteer opportunity for a social media manager.
Last but not least, a special shoutout to the remaining winners who all have opportunities to volunteer: Partners in Education, Intown Collaborative Ministries, Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Jackson County, Inc., Idaho Youth Ranch.
If you are looking for more ways to give back, here are some other ideas:
- 12 Ways to Support More Diverse Communities and Workplaces
- 7 Simple Ways to Take Action During Climate Action Week and Beyond!
- 10 Ways to Give Back to Uplift and Strengthen Your Communities
A big thank you to U.S. Bank and all the nonprofits for making #CommunityPossible!