In this series of posts, we’ll introduce you to the facts and folks behind the ten most effective employee volunteer programs in our family of corporate clients compared against our 2011 benchmarks.
VolunteerMatch congratulates Old National Bank for its nomination for Employee Volunteer Program of the Year (Small-Medium Size Business).
Old National Bank’s volunteer program, ONe Community (the “ON” stands for Old National), encourages employees to follow their passions through partnering VolunteerMatch services with financial and leadership incentives. Their services include:
- Volunteer Flex Time – An employee can use two hours of paid time off a month during company time to volunteer at their organization of choice. Old National also allows additional time off for other events such as disaster relief and financial literacy events.
- Community Team Grants – Old National encourages employees to work in teams in order to build leadership skills. If an Old National associate recruits 10 associates for a team or in an event, the company sponsors $250 to their organization and if 20 or more, the sponsorship increases to $500.
- Awarding Top Volunteers – Employees with 25 hours or more of service each year are listed in the “Volunteer Honor Roll.” The ONe Community Team Award is given to the team of top volunteers. Quarterly winners receive a $500 donation to the non-profit of their team’s choice and the annual team award winner receives a $1,000 donation. Old National also awards one individual with Volunteer of the Year, who receives $1,000 to donate to the organization of their choice.
- 50% of Old National associates entered over 76,000 volunteer hours, which averaged to 57.8 hours per volunteer.
- Old National has recruited 221 nonprofits and organizations to connect with potential volunteers using VolunteerMatch tools.
- Since 2009, Old National has hosted the 100 Men Who Cook fundraiser to Indiana, where in 2011 alone they contributed 1,000 volunteer hours and raised $347,000. Old National hosted nine 100 Men Who Cook fundraisers in five regions, which benefitted the Terre Haute Children’s Museum, Muncie Children’s Museum, Bloomington Hospital Hospice House, Carbondale Boys & Girls Club, YWCA of Evansville, and A Better Way, Inc. of Muncie.
We commend Old National Bank for its excellent volunteer program!
Stay tuned for more finalist profiles in the coming weeks, and announcement of the winners on May 17, 2012 during the 2012 VolunteerMatch Client Summit.