Note: On May 12, 2011, VolunteerMatch will announce the winners of the 2011 Corporate Volunteer Awards at our annual Client Summit in Chicago.
In this series of posts, we’ll introduce you to the facts and folks behind the ten most effective employee volunteer programs in our family of corporations compared against our 2010 benchmarks for more than 76 companies.
- Company: NV Energy
- Award Category Nominee: Corporate Volunteer Program of the Year – Small-Medium Businesses
- Industry/Sector: Electric/Utilities
- Location: Las Vegas and Reno, NV
- VolunteerMatch Member Since: 2008
- Program Name: NV Energy Employee Volunteer Program
- Year Started: 1999
- Number of Eligible Employees in Company: Approximately 2800
- Program Administrator(s): Doretha Easler, Community Relations Manager
- Top Accomplishments in 2010:
- * 46% of NV Energy employees are registered on VolunteerMatch and tracking hours
- * Increased volunteerism in 2010 by 30% over the previous year
- * Launched a Make A Difference Month campaign in October where 634 NV Energy employees statewide gave nearly 3,000 hours to 23 community service projects.
- * In 2010, successfully launched a Volunteer Rewards program through VolunteerMatch and awarded $9250 in grants to 37 nonprofit agencies.
- Key Nonprofit Partners:
- United Way of northern and southern Nevada, Goodie Two Shoes Foundation, Junior Achievement, American Heart Association, Spread the Word Nevada: Kids to Kids, Food Bank of Northern Nevada, Three Square, Susan G. Komen, Rebuilding Together Southern Nevada, Boys & Girls Clubs of Truckee Meadows, Boys & Girls Clubs Las Vegas, Salvation Army, Ronald McDonald House, Big Brothers Big Sisters.
– Amway Corporation
– Boehringer Ingelheim
– Hagerty Insurance
To learn more about this year’s nominees for Corporate Volunteer Program of the Year, click here.
To learn more about the criteria used to determine the award winners, click here.