Note: On May 12, 2011, VolunteerMatch will announce the winners of the 2011 Corporate Volunteer Awards at our annual Client Summit in Chicago.
In this series of posts, we’ll introduce you to the facts and folks behind the ten most effective employee volunteer programs in our family of corporations compared against our 2010 benchmarks for more than 76 companies.
- Company: Logicalis
- Award Category Nominee: Corporate Volunteer Program of the Year – Small-Medium Businesses
- Industry/Sector: Technology
- Location: Farmington Hills, MI
- VolunteerMatch Member Since: 2008
- Program Name: Logicalis Volunteering
- Year Started: 2008
- Number of Eligible Employees in Company: 460
- Program Administrator(s): Kristen Cittadino, Employment Specialist
- Top Accomplishments in 2010:
- * Held a raffle to encourage volunteering throughout the holiday season; over 1,000 hours were logged in VolunteerMatch and gift cards were awarded to four employees.
- * Donated $35,000 to 35 charities nominated by Logicalis employees, in lieu of a corporate holiday party. Donation checks were presented to each charity by employees, many of whom had volunteered at these charities.
- * Created a recognition program on the VolunteerMatch hosted-site to honor 20 employees who have logged 50 or more hours of service.
- * Great success with the “Give Back to the Community” Day of Service which provides employees 8 hours of paid work time annually to “give back” to the community, at a nonprofit of the employee’s choosing.
– Amway Corporation
– Boehringer Ingelheim
– Hagerty Insurance
– NV Energy
To learn more about this year’s nominees for Corporate Volunteer Program of the Year, click here.
To learn more about the criteria used to determine the award winners, click here.