It’s almost that time. Again. In (what feels like) a blink, another year’s gone by and we’re all thinking, “How’d that happen?” Before we look to the future, let’s take a look at where we’ve been.
For some last-minute learning, we’ve captured a year’s worth of volunteer engagement knowledge and volunteer tips by counting down the 10 most-read “Engaging Volunteers” posts of 2017.
- 5 Ways Volunteering Boosts Career Development
Did you know that volunteer work can have a significant (and positive!) impact on your career and your future?
- 4 Simple Ways to Engage Millennial Donors & Volunteers Online
“How to market to millennials” is a catch-phrase we hear often. But marketing your volunteer program to millennials doesn’t have to be hard, just focused.
- From Recruitment to Retention: Modern Tools that Engage Boomer Volunteers
One-quarter of the U.S. population is part of the boomer demographic. It’s important to tailor your volunteer recruitment message accordingly.
- What Do People Think of When they Think of Volunteers?
We asked people to tell us one word that comes to mind when they think of volunteers. We compiled these entries into a word cloud with truly beautiful results.
- Volunteer Interviews: 5 Tips for Sharing Your Motivation
Interviews can be challenging. Stand out by reviewing these tips before going to your next volunteer interview.
- Why Do You #GiveTime to the Causes You Believe In?
This year, in honor of #GivingTuesday, we’re asking our volunteers to share who or what they #givetime for.
- How to Recruit More Volunteers in Less Time
Volunteer managers still list volunteer recruitment as their #1 biggest challenge.
- Need Volunteers Following a Natural Disaster?
After a disaster, people want to help. If it makes sense for your nonprofit help after a natural disaster, here’s a checklist for finding the right volunteers.
- Encourage the Young Ones: Inspiring Students to Volunteer
Starting to volunteer at a young age provides an opportunity for students to learn and grow into valuable members of society.And the number one most-read “Engaging Volunteers” blog post of 2017 is…
- How You Can Help Communities Affected by Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Harvey is impacting millions of people in the Gulf of Mexico. Here’s how you can help.
Delighted? Surprised? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!