Each year, the team at VolunteerMatch crunches its network data to put together an Impact Report — our infographic version of an annual report. This year, we’re incorporating real-time stats to help illustrate the impact of VolunteerMatch’s network to-date.
We’re breaking down our number of volunteers served, top cause areas, and the impact of each dollar spent. Here’s a peek from the report: five encouraging stats that prove the nonprofit sector and volunteer engagement isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
- 9,208 — the number of nonprofits who joined VolunteerMatch in 2015 to engage the volunteers they need to make a difference in their community.
- 118,541 — the number of new opportunities posted on VolunteerMatch last year by organizations looking to put the time and talent of volunteers to good use. That’s 325 new opportunities each day!
- 13,570,983 — the number of new people who used the VolunteerMatch network in 2015 to explore opportunities for a cause they believe in.
- 21% — the percentage of “Community” opportunities on VolunteerMatch: by far the largest cause area on the network.
- $1.66 Billion — the estimated collective impact of the volunteers who used VolunteerMatch to get involved in 2015.
Read the full impact report here, then see how far we’ve come by viewing previous reports from 2014, 2013, and 2012. Has VolunteerMatch impacted your volunteer engagement in 2015? Share your story in the comments section below.