Note: On May 12, 2011, VolunteerMatch will announce the winners of the 2011 Corporate Volunteer Awards at our annual Client Summit in Chicago.
In this series of posts, we’ll introduce you to the facts and folks behind the ten most effective employee volunteer programs in our family of corporations compared against our 2010 benchmarks for more than 76 companies.
- Company: Morgan Stanley
- Award Category Nominee: Corporate Volunteer Program of the Year – Large Businesses
- Industry/Sector: Banking
- Location: New York, NY
- VolunteerMatch Member Since: 2006
- Program Name: Morgan Stanley Volunteer Program
- Year Started: 1999
- Number of Eligible Employees in Company: 60,934
- Program Administrator(s): Minori Rueda, Senior Program Officer
- Top Accomplishments in 2010:
* In 2010, nearly 20,000 employees volunteered on more than 900 projects, contributing over 130,000 hours of service and benefiting charities in 530 cities around the world during Global Volunteer Month.
- Key Nonprofit Partners:
Feeding America, New York Cares
– Exelon Corporation
– Los Alamos National Laboratory
– UnitedHealth Group
To learn more about this year’s nominees for Corporate Volunteer Program of the Year, click here.
To learn more about the criteria used to determine the award winners, click here.