National Volunteer Week in the U.S. might have come to an end a few weeks ago, but in Ireland, celebrations are just getting started. Ireland’s National Volunteering Week will take place from May 15-21, 2017. Each year has a different focus. This year’s focus: health and well-being.
From across the pond, we’re chiming in on this year’s theme, too! VolunteerMatch’s mission is to make it easy for good people and good causes to connect. What better way for us to participate than to help ensure the health, well-being, and continuity of Ireland’s volunteerism sector? That’s why we’re extending our volunteer-matching service to the Emerald Isle. Ireland-based nonprofits, government organizations, or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) can now post their volunteer opportunities and recruit quality volunteers through VolunteerMatch!
With no shortage of existing opportunities, Ireland-based volunteers can opt for local or more than 6,000 virtual volunteer opportunities to give back to — such as blogging for a sustainable nonprofit or mentoring small business owners.
Why use VolunteerMatch? One post on VolunteerMatch has the potential to reach millions of volunteers across the web and from international companies like Starbucks, Appirio, and Morgan Stanley. Whether you’re a nonprofit or volunteer, here’s how you can participate in Ireland’s National Volunteering Week.
Register Your Nonprofit in Four Easy Steps
In order to post a volunteer opportunity, you’ll need to register your organization first.
- Visit this link:, then select “Sign Up.”
- Fill out your name, postal code, and country. Then select “Next.”
- When prompted to register an organization, select “Other” then “Non-US NGO” as your organization type.
- Enter your organization’s information, such as website, mission statement, and description of services. Then select “Next.”
While your organization won’t be approved right away (our support team needs time — anywhere from one to two business days — to process international vetting), you can start drafting your very first VolunteerMatch volunteer opportunity, which will be posted as soon as your organization is approved!
Register as a Volunteer in Ireland
Register as a volunteer to start searching local and virtual volunteer opportunities.
- Visit VolunteerMatch.org to get started.
- Select “Register” from the upper-right-hand corner.
- When prompted, select “Ireland” from the country list drop-down menu.
- Fill out the remainder of the required information, including your first and last name, email, and postal code. Create a password. Then select “Done” to submit your profile.
Moments later, you’ll receive a verification email in the inbox of the email address you registered with. Click on the link to confirm your registration, and you’re ready to begin finding the perfect volunteer opportunity!
Have a question? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy volunteering!