#GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back, will take place on Tuesday, December 1, 2015.
And on Tuesday November 24, 2015, we’ll take to Twitter to talk about how volunteering can be a powerful part of #GivingTuesday plans. And we want you to join in the conversation!
Who Should Participate?
Individuals, nonprofits, and companies who want to make a difference on and around #GivingTuesday, and are interested in how volunteering can fit into, and enhance, that vision.
How to Join
Prepare for the chat by reading the questions below. These questions will be asked of the folks at #GivingTuesday, VolunteerMatch, and many others (including you!)
Then, log onto Twitter on November 24th at 12 pm PST/ 3 pm EST. Follow the hashtag #GivingTime. You’ll answer Q1 with A1, and Q2 with A2. Remember to always include the hashtag #GivingTime. Feel free to talk to others in the chat, ask questions, be thoughtful, and be social.
- #GivingTuesday is right around the corner. How will you give time on 12/1? #givingtime
- Why is volunteering an important part of #GivingTuesday? #givingtime
- What inspires you to volunteer? #GivingTuesday #givingtime
- What’s a favorite moment or story from when you volunteered? #givingtime
- How are companies celebrating #GivingTuesday with volunteerism? #givingtime
- How are nonprofits incorporating volunteerism into their #GivingTuesday plans? #givingtime
- What tools or resources are available to help people find volunteer opportunities for #GivingTuesday? #givingtime
- How can volunteers make a big difference by #givingtime on #GivingTuesday?
You’ll meet new people (virtually), learn a lot about both volunteerism and #GivingTuesday, and most importantly, have FUN! Our aim is to leave you feeling refreshed and inspired about what you’re capable of this #GivingTuesday.