National Volunteer Week isn’t just about recognizing the contribution of your amazing volunteers. It’s not just about building and strengthening relationships with volunteers, either. National Volunteer Week is also a great opportunity for all of us to learn more about how to do these things!
Everyone loves a good “how-to” post, and below we’ve gathered some of the most popular posts from Engaging Volunteers about volunteer engagement and recognition in the past year – all of them chock-full of juicy tips. Enjoy!
- Think ‘Outside-the-Box’ to Engage Volunteers
- More Than Just “Thank Yous”: Volunteer Recognition Strategies from an All-Volunteer Organization
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Volunteers Engaged
- 3 Tips to Engage High-Tech Skilled Volunteers with Your Nonprofit
- How to Keep Volunteers Close to Your Nonprofit Organization
- 3 Non-Digital Ways to Recruit Volunteers
- 10 Tips for Keeping Your Volunteers Motivated and Happy
- 5 Tips for Creating a Meaningful Volunteer Experience
There’s a special place in our hearts, and in this post, for the Nonprofit Tip of the Month series:
- Build Capacity by Bringing in Back Up
- Add Skills to Engage Pro Bono Volunteers
- How to Make the Most of MLK Day
- 5 Easy Ways to Create Better Hunger Opportunities
- Launch Your Own Social Media Campaign in 3 Easy Steps
- Writing an Effective Opportunity Description
Join the fun! What volunteer engagement tips would you like us to share with the VolunteerMatch network in honor of National Volunteer Week?
(Photo from Horia Varlan on Flickr.)