Guest post by Michael DeLong, Online Community Manager, TechSoup
Video is quickly becoming the content people are spending the most time with online. And digital stories of all kinds are a powerful way to connect with your constituents, boost fundraising efforts, and give your community an easy way to share your impact.
This month at TechSoup, the third annual Digital Storytelling Challenge gives the social benefit sector the know-how it needs to tell their stories, awarding prizes to top submissions.
Join the Challenge!
Create a one-minute video or five-photo slideshow capturing your organization’s mission, passion, and hard work and enter it by February 29, 2012. A panel of judges – including award-winning documentarian Marc Smolowitz, Raven Brooks of Netroots Nation, and the folks from the Story of Stuff – will pick the best videos and photo slideshows to win technology for your org, including an iPad!
Serious technical skill is certainly not necessary, and we have loads of resources to get you on track, including learning opportunities, recorded webinars, and blog entries sharing knowledge from experts in the field. Visit www.tsdigs.org today to find out more and get your story in by February 29.
Guidelines and Timeline
- Challenge is open to all social benefit orgs and free agents for good, regardless of 501(c)(3) status or location.
- Create a one-minute video or five-photo slideshow capturing your impact and mission.
- Upload to YouTube or Flickr and submit your video or photos by February 29.
- Return to www.tsdigs.org March 5 – 9 for online community voting of Audience Choice Award.
- Winners of terrific award donations will be announced on March 28 at an awards screening ceremony in San Francisco and on Second Life (stay tuned for details)!
What’s your organization’s story? Share it today!
Michael DeLong is the online community manager at TechSoup. There, he brings together a vibrant community of folks interested in using technology for good. Connecting people off and online is one of Michael’s great passions.