Reading Time: 1 minute
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well we say that a picture is worth a thousand volunteers! Unless you don’t need a thousand volunteers – then it’s worth exactly the number of volunteers you need.
The point is, photos are a very effective way to draw attention to your listing and get volunteers interested in your opportunity. And as of this past month, every nonprofit that creates a listing at VolunteerMatch has the ability to add a photo.
When we released the new Listing Wizard, we realized we could add even more value for you and your potential volunteers by making this feature available to everyone.
Pictures can illustrate the nature and impact of your work in a way that can be difficult with mere words. A great picture will show your volunteers in action, working with your clients in the field. Telling your story with an image creates an emotional connection with your nonprofit that calls to potential volunteers to click “I want to help!”
Pictures also never fail to make your listing more interesting and fun, especially when accompanied by a descriptive caption that speaks to your impact.
To review, here’s what we think you should do right now to make your volunteer listings more exciting and attractive to potential volunteers:
- Log in to your account at www.volunteermatch.org.
- Update your volunteer opportunity listings.
- While in the Listing Wizard, click “Image” in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Upload a photo that shows your volunteers making a difference and having fun (or use an existing one you already have.)
- Click “Update & Next Step” to continue through the Listing Wizard and update your listing!
Have you seen increased volunteer referrals since adding a photo? Let us know!