National Volunteer Week, April 18-24, is a chance to show your volunteers that you appreciate them. It’s also a great way to let the community know about the work that you’re doing, and that you value the volunteers who help you.
Whether you say it loud or say it simply, be sure to say something. And you don’t have to break the bank to show your appreciation — even a handmade thank-you card can go a long way.
- Have a party and give awards or prizes to volunteers.
- Plan a group activity or outing, such as a picnic in the park, or a movie night.
- Invite volunteers to share stories about volunteering with your organization, and feature those stories in your newsletter or on your Web site.
- Have staff members talk about a great experience they’ve had with volunteers, and share this experience with everyone.
- You probably have some of your own ideas percolating now too: great!
Here at VolunteerMatch, we’re celebrating National Volunteer Week by honoring the people who make volunteering possible — nonprofits! We’re committed to providing you with the resources you need to be successful, and to inspiring people to give back to their communities by connecting them to the causes they care about.
Thank you for all that you do to strengthen your community, and support the causes you care about. The work that you do is truly extraordinary! How are you celebrating? Share your story here on the blog.